Over 40 fashion and style, content, blog, style blog

Green and tan.

I’m loving having nothing to do.  Right now I’m sitting drinking a delicious coffee while the kids are sweeping out the garage – and they’re giggling while they do it!  Perfect!  Radio 2 is blasting out Maroon 5, the sun is out and we’re off to the park shortly to practice riding bikes without training wheels – let’s hope that doesn’t start any tears of frustration from the children or the grown ups!

I have a lot of khaki in my closet and I’m really enjoying wearing my fatigues:)  These are the Zara skinny cargo pants that are lovely and soft and really comfortable.  I’ve layered a Zara khaki t-shirt under an H&M square cut grey sweater.  The camouflage scarf is also Zara and it is so soft and snuggly – my local store resembles an army supply store right now!  The jacket is the Boden leather jacket, from a Spring 2011 I think – I love this color and the leather is so soft – it also coordinates perfectly with my Ash Bowie sneakers.

Zara may have a lot of khaki right now but they are now starting to get their new items in store and online.  I’ve got my eye on this tartan suit – and yes I would wear it as a suit, with my new black Dickers – more on those later:)

This coat is also on my radar – I love it.

Look out for their color blocking too – especially in black and white – it’s stunning – really eye catching.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Diane November 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Looking good as usual. Haven’t commented for a while but I’m loving the autumn wardrobe, layering is great and it does mean you can wear a lot more of your wardrobe for more of the year. Loving your Ash wedges, they’re great, have to say I personally prefer the one colour or two tones of the same colour wedges from Ash, I think their footwear has to be my find of the year, so comfortable but on trend (the two don’t normally go together), they may be expensive but I wear mine almost everyday so I personally think well worth the money.
    Take Care

Diane

• Reply Poppy's Style November 21, 2012 at 7:32 am

I Diane!! I was only thinking the other day that I hadn’t heard from you for a while!! Glad you are back! I love the sneakers too – I have to say the Bowies are probably the comfiest but the Alex wedges are so much fun – I get comments on them every time I wear them as they are not available in too many places here. They are more, as you say, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it is worth paying for quality sometimes – I wasn’t convinced with these at first as I thought they may be a 1 season wonder – but I’ll be wearing mine a lot longer than that – I think wedges are here to stay.

• Reply Sue November 20, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I love the blue camo pants they have in but they don’t suit me. I’m not just saying that – I’ve tried them on and I look a bugaloo. But I’m a glutton for punishment, everytime I see them, I pick them up and I have to remind myself that they were not good at all. I didn’t see any of the above items today when I was in store (yup – I sneaked a peak in the shops) but I did notice a lot of plaid/checked shirts around which previously weren’t. Must get on the case.

• Reply Poppy's Style November 21, 2012 at 7:36 am

The Lookbook for December is online so I guess all the new items will be making their way in soon. After reading your post about being in London with Marlene I’m considering adopting her shopping approach and buying less and saving for investment pieces…I seem to be behind the times but I have fallen hard for Isabel Marant and can’t stop browsing her stuff on NAP.

• Reply Teresa November 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Love those Ash Bowie sneakers! The leather looks so supple and that shade of brown is just right. Oh my, that coat is also on my wishlist! I tried it on and instantly fell in love with it. I’m hoping it’s still around during the sales!

• Reply Poppy's Style November 21, 2012 at 7:37 am

The leather is great – they are really comfy and not too high:) This jacket is the motorcycle jacket from 2011 but I bet there are some around on eBay – it’s one of the best Boden purchases I’ve made – I love their leather…xx

• Reply Style At Every Age November 21, 2012 at 8:36 am

I love your outfit! I am also a huge fan of Khaki and have that zara scarf, the only way I could rock the camo trend at my age!

• Reply Poppy's Style November 22, 2012 at 8:02 am

It’s a gorgeous scarf isn’t it? I bet you could wear camo pants – isn’t camo like animal print these days and anyone can wear it however they want? xx

• Reply The Flaky Fashionista November 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I’m now intrigued by the tartan suit!! I used to have one similar in my 20s, not sure I’d have the courage to wear one now. I was in Zara very briefly today and spotted a coat that sounds dreadful but is beautiful in reality – animal print on the top half and sleeves, but plain black at the bottom. Was tempted I have to say!

• Reply Poppy's Style November 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

I’ve seen that coat online it looks lovely though I already have a leopard print coat from M&S that I wear a lot – otherwise I would have bought the Zara one! Their lookbook for December is online too – some lovely new items.

• Reply chocolatecookiesandcandies November 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Totally digging this outfit! Who knew cargo skinnies would look this good particularly when paired with wedge sneakers. Love your camo shawl!

• Reply Poppy's Style November 22, 2012 at 7:59 am

Thank you Marlene:) I love cargo pants as an alternative to jeans. x

• Reply Kristen Taekman of RHONY | Poppy's Style May 19, 2014 at 10:54 am

[…] Green and tan. […]

• I love hearing your thoughts and I will reply as soon as I can if you have a specific question! If you prefer email you can contact me at Joanna@Poppys-Style.com. Thanks for taking the time to comment xx