Preppy in pink.

First there is very exciting news from Boden – this week they are offering a Catch of the Day!  Each day, this week, a new category of clothing will be on offer at 25% off!  Today the deal is on women’s dresses, and boy’s and men’s shorts – grab them while you can!  The drop waist dress that I love is included so it may end up in my shopping cart today:)

Other emails that appeared in my inbox this morning included one from Net-a-porter.com.  It can be quite a dangerous thing being on email lists.  Sometimes I just try not to look – this morning I looked.  Fatal.  Rag & Bone have some beautiful new grey nubuck Newbury boots that I am lusting after.  I love how they have styled them on Net-a-porter.com with a dress.

346707_fr_mt2

I also adore these Rag & Bone brogues in white.  Very cool looking for Spring.

346708_fr_mt2

At $495 though, for the Rag & Bone brogues, this Boden option maybe better value – plus with the 15% off using my banner ads they are just $142.80.  Tempted, very tempted.

catHeader-WomensShoesBoots

Today I’m switching gears with my look.  After the 80s look from Friday I’m shifting today to a more refined, preppy look.  It’s nice to change it up a bit occasionally:)  The trousers are J.Crew café capris that I got for $30 in the sale, and the blouse is Target and absolutely fabulous for $20!  The belt is also Target and the shoes are Nine West from Zappos.com – currently on sale at $56, reduced from $69.

IMG_4419

So what do you think of the more refined look?

Enhanced by Zemanta
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Azade January 28, 2013 at 11:09 am

Fabulous!

• Reply Poppy's Style January 28, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Ha – thank you Azade – glad you like it – I aim to please – sometimes:)

• Reply preeti singh January 28, 2013 at 11:22 am

Absolutely love your blog and your “out of the box” style!!

• Reply Poppy's Style January 28, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Why thank you Preeti and thanks so much for reading my posts:)

• Reply Siobhan Nolan January 28, 2013 at 11:26 am

Much prefer the look today!! More youthful looking..

• Reply Poppy's Style January 28, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Thanks Siobhan – funny you say that as I feel much more grown up in this outfit!

• Reply Honor January 28, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Love the look! And may I ask…since you are lucky enough to have Newbury’s and Pistols which do you prefer? Which are the higher heel and are one slightly higher above the ankle than the other. I just cannot make up my mind which I prefer! Thanks!

• Reply Poppy's Style January 28, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I actually prefer the Newburys – they are a bit higher heel but remarkably comfortable to walk in as they have a lovely cushioned footbed. They are probably both about the same height above the ankle but the Pistols fit much more snuggly around the ankle. I really like the cuff on the Newburys too:) The Newburys also come in a much wider array of colors/fabrics and are cheaper!!:)

• Reply J January 28, 2013 at 2:31 pm

That is a rocking look on you! I love it. I just bought a pair of charcoal grey capri pants and I was thinking they were a bit boring with my black shoes but you have totally inspired me to wear them with the leopard skin courts and I have a pair!! woo hoo!

• Reply evi January 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm

love this look…gorgeous spring colors…
    unfortunately our climate forces me to live in ugg boots for at least 3 months a year,can’t wait for spring!

• Reply Sue January 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I love the pink trousers. It’s a more sophisticated look but hey a different day, a different mood, a different look. It’s all fun. But yes – you do look more “grown up” – a more office look to me.

• Reply cc January 28, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Just so you know, the drop waist dress has a separate full-slip lining that is separate from the dress. I don’t recall reading about it during the preview (and maybe it wasn’t mentioned). It would have definately been better — less cumbersome and more comfortable– had the dress been a “double-knit”. I find myself having to pull at it after sitting/walking a bit. It is a nice looking dress, but…..it could be better. That is a pretty blouse for $20. You gotta love a deal!!

• Reply Diane January 29, 2013 at 4:39 am

I love this look, and adore the shoes. I have a pair of leopard courts I bought from Karen Millen which are gorgeous.

• Reply Style At Every Age January 29, 2013 at 9:32 am

I really like those Boden brogues I was drooling over them in the look book!

• Reply Lissy January 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

The Rag and Bone newbury booties have been on my list for awhile. And of course, I love the J Crew cafe capris. They look really cute with the bow blouse.

• I love hearing your thoughts and I will reply as soon as I can if you have a specific question! If you prefer email you can contact me at Joanna@Poppys-Style.com. Thanks for taking the time to comment xx