Over 40 fashion and style, content, blog, style blog

I’m here!

Sorry for being AWOL for a couple of days.  I spent the weekend and President’s Day enjoying time with my family before jumping on a Transatlantic flight to Manchester on Monday evening.  After a pretty painless flight I’m safely ensconced at my Mum and Dad’s being fed endless supplies of bacon butties – fabulous!  It turns out my trip is perfect timing – not only do I get to enjoy time with my niece and nephews, tonight it is the Brit Awards, so I also get to catch up on some British pop culture.

I traveled over in what I consider to be the perfect travel attire – comfy, cotton trousers, sneakers and a cashmere jumper.  Easy for getting through security – no belts etc., and easy to relax and stay warm in on the flight.

IMG_3147

Trousers – James Perse fine cord surplus pant (similar here) // Sneakers – Converse // Jumper – Char jumper AllSaints (old – similar here)

IMG_3156

I arrived yesterday to two pairs of shoes and a leather jacket:)  All items that I’d asked my lovely Mum to order for me from stores over here.  More on the shoes later but suffice to say they are fabulous!  The jacket is the red leather jacket from Zara and using the current exchange rate, and what with sales tax in the US, it was quite a bit cheaper to buy it here.  It is stunning, beautifully made, fabulous quality and lovely soft leather – I was worried it might be a bit stiff.  The only thing I’d change is the size of the zipper pulls – not sure why Zara insist on using huge zips on all their jackets?

photo

So today I’m off for a brisk run over the moors to clear my jet lag and then off to Primark for an hour or so – all on my own:)  Before I report back here are some other highlights so far:)

A couple of cocktails on my own:)

IMG_3149

The perfect Boden travel tote.

IMG_3154

A mixed tape from MM for the journey:)

IMG_3160

My youngest nephew, Tom, wondering who on earth I am.

IMG_3164

Enhanced by Zemanta
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply avenue57 February 20, 2013 at 4:49 am

Please say you’ll wear the jacket on Saturday – I want to stroke it! Not only do Zara super size their zips but they super size their labels – I don’t think I have an item of Zara clothing with the labels still on the item!!!

• Reply dinagideon February 20, 2013 at 9:12 am

Since I couldn’t make it, stroke it twice for me, please. It is amazing!

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:24 am

Will stroke the jacket – in fact I have been since it arrived!

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:29 am

I hope it’s warm enough to wear a jacket – I have my puff in waiting! Tis bloody freezing up here today!

• Reply Tanya February 20, 2013 at 5:36 am

I must say I love reading your blogs! I stumbled across you as i am also from England but was also residing in Atlanta! I think the way you put your outfits together are fab. Enjoy your time in sunny England x

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:29 am

Aww thank you Tanya! I aim to please:) Where in the UK are you from? Sunny it is not – you will not be surprised to hear.

• Reply Martha Merrill Wills February 20, 2013 at 7:25 am

I ordered 2 pair of the James Perse Surplus cord in the sample sale… aren’t they wonderfully soft! I love how you’ve styled them.

Also am envying the jacket. It’s terrific…. as is Tom. What a cutie.
    Have a fun time!
    x

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:27 am

They are gorgeous and so soft – really comfortable and lightweight for summer – I got these in the sample sale;) You’re a bad influence!

• Reply dinagideon February 20, 2013 at 9:13 am

I love the look on your nephew’s face, he is so cute! 🙂

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:23 am

He eventually gave me some smiles later in the day – though remained suspicious – quite rightly:)

• Reply Sue February 20, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I went to stroke your red jacket today in Zara. It’s lurrvely. Your nephew is also adorable – what an absolute cutie. And I love the travel outfit and I want your Converse.

Is that enough love?

• Reply Poppy's Style February 21, 2013 at 2:23 am

Enough love:) Tommy is lovely as is his older brother Jack. It’s amazing seeing how much they have grown since I was last here – sounds like stating the obvious – but you forget how babies develop. The converse a cheapies off Zappos – I now want the pink studded hi-tops at Zara:)

• Reply My packing conundrum. | Poppy's Style June 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

[…] or flip flops.  Perfect for Bury Market, and respectful enough for visiting Mosques in N.Cyrpus.  Here’s how I wore them in February.  I also have a couple of James Perse t-shirt dresses that are so soft […]

• I love hearing your thoughts and I will reply as soon as I can if you have a specific question! If you prefer email you can contact me at Joanna@Poppys-Style.com. Thanks for taking the time to comment xx