A Military Jacket

IMG_0600

Working in the magazine industry means that I am lucky enough to have subscriptions to almost every fashion magazine in the country. Call it competitive intelligence. Unfortunately this means that month after month I am bombarded with the most amazing images and advertising creative.

Gucci always use incredible images but this month I have been fixated with this stunning visual.

gucci-spring-summer-2015-ad-campaign02

I love everything about it – the flares, the snakeskin, the suede, but mostly I adore the military jacket.

Now in addition to my constantly full magazine basket, I also have my fabulous blogging friends who insist on placing temptation in front of me. Recently both Michelle and Eve have blogged about this stunning military jacket from Zara.

Zara

As I was dropping it in and out of my basket last night, I remembered a jacket that I haven’t worn for a while. I bought it from Boden maybe about 3 years ago? I dug it out and low and behold it is perfect. Note to self – be careful what I eBay and send to charity in the future! I was so relieved I still have this jacket, as I did nearly try and sell it a few times when I was rebelling against all things Boden. The quality is amazing and the color and buttons are perfect. Now I can channel the money I would have spent on the Zara jacket into my Gucci loafer fund! Result!

IMG_0597Shoes – Marks and Spencer // Jeans – Marks and Spencer // Top – Zara (old) // Jacket – Boden (old) // Bag – H&M

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”595524″]

8 thoughts on “A Military Jacket

1. Fiona Blake

Oh my goodness those flares look amazing on you – I wonder why they looked SO bad on me 😦
    I love that jacket, reminds me of one similar I have but mine is more cream that khaki, wonder if I could dye it?

2. Sue

Those jeans do look amazing on you and you look fabulous in this outfit – jackets like this really suit you. When I look at the advert though, I’m all over the bag. I want the bag!!!

3. Helen @Fashion40ish

Love the jacket. I, too, am very wary about chucking things out. I have had my flares for 5 years and have never worn them, until now. :0) xx

4. Michelle Lee (MyFashionable40s)

Mwah! Thank you for the lovely mention Joanna! Loving your khaki military jacket…..I am going to be seeking out the Zara khaki jacket I saw on your Insta feed yesterday! This style does work really well with the flares so I am going to be stealing your style here! ;0) xx

5. Becky

That really is a great jacket, and you look fabulous in the flares! Funny how your tastes change, isn’t it? Last year I nearly eBayed a coat that I’ve worn loads this winter. I could never see myself in it again, and yet no I’m back in love with it! I’m just going to start stashing everything in the attic from now on, just in case!

6. schoolgatestyle

I sold a really similar jacket a year or so back…gutted! You inspired me to look on eBay though and I’ve just bought a Jaeger one quite similar to yours….I can’t wait for it to arrive! x