I’ve had a few requests recently related to which products I use, and how I apply my makeup – mainly after I shared my ridiculous haul of paraphernalia on Instagram a few weeks ago. My summer makeup is very different from my winter makeup – I pretty much stop using eyeshadow and foundation. Here’s a brief guide to my morning routine!
1. I wash with the Body Shop Vitamin C cleansing polish (it smells fabulous) and a flannel for a little exfoliation.
2. I apply a Hyaluronic Acid serum – from either Peter Thomas Roth or Indeed Labs – I really have noticed plumper skin since incorporating it into my routine.
3. I apply a little moisturizer – the brand varies and at the moment I am using Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic cream.
4. I then use a high spf sun block on my face and neck – normally from Neutrogena and my current favorite is from their Ultra Sheer range as it is lovely and dry to the touch with no greasiness.
5. A lot of the time during the week that’s it – I just add a little concealer under my eyes and my favorite is Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind – I love the consistency and the applicator. If I’m heading out on the town somewhere special I will use a bronzer CC cream from the Sephora Collection.
6. Then it’s a little blush and I am obsessed with cream blush at the moment – I love the sheer color it gives without being cakey. I apply Maybelline’s Master Glaze stick in Coral sheen or Just-pinched pink with the stick in a line across the apple of my cheeks, and then I use a Real Techniques stippling brush to blend it.
7. I keep my eyes simple with either a liquid liner (I always prefer a brush applicator and love Dior Addict liner) or felt pen (Marc Jacobs Precision pen is my favorite) along the top lash line with my favorite Tarte Gifted mascara once I’ve curled my eyelashes with a Shiseido curler.
8. Finally a red lipstick. I always apply with a a lip brush – but sometimes skip the lip liner. My favorite liner is MAC redd and my favorite red lipsticks are MAC Lady Bug, MAC red and NARS Hyde Park pencil – I don’t like matte reds.
9. All dusted off with Rimmel bronzer in sunlight – I love this as there is no shimmer in it.
For summer that is it! I love a glow with a retro red lip! Easy and hassle free on a warm morning.
Does your makeup routine change in the summer? On vacation I never wear it and it’s so nice to let my skin go natural for a while.
Shoes – Next (also ship to the US here) // Jeans – J.Crew (on sale plus an extra 40% off with SALETHERAPY) // Top – Madewell (on sale PLUS an extra 40% off with EXTRA40) // Bag – Marks & Spencers (old)
My makeup’s needed a shake up (!) for a while now. So much so one of my birthday presents was a Mac makeup lesson! I am about to book it and can’t wait. I am very lazy and wear minimal but feel I need a bit more of a polished look now. I’m still after one of those Clarins lip oils you showed me. Love that top on you, it’s gorgeous x
I loved those pictures you posted on Instagram – if you gathered together all the make-up I have ever bought in my lifetime there wouldn’t be as much as you own now!! I am fascinated by the stuff, but I’ve never worn much at all. I think it’s a hangover from my first job, where i had to wear quite heavy make up every day, which put me off for life! I do wear more in Autumn and Winter though, when I am deathly pale. My favourite is the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette which I bought after you recommended it on here – I love it! Right now, it’s just a bit of mascara and a smudge of cream blusher. What can I say? I’m too lazy to do any more than that! xx
So happy to see such a mix of bargain and higher end make-up products here!! I am a total budget beauty buyer so I am fascinated to see what you recommend! I now have a little make-up wish-list going on! ;0) xx
I do like to mix it up – I love using Rimmel and No7 as it reminds me of home! Once in Sephora though I can get a bit carried away with the expensive stuff – especially mascara and lipstick! xx
Oh gosh, I am shameful in how little I have in the way of make up. I do try a little harder now as I’m getting older as I need that little bit of extra colour by way of a smudge of gloss on the lips or a touch of blusher on the cheeks. Stops the corpse bride look 🙂
I use a lot less in the summer but still need some color on my lips and cheeks! I forgot to mention that I sometimes use Soap & Glory Glow Job moisturizer which is fabulous for adding a hint of color!