Shredded.

My little man turned four yesterday.  Hard to believe it’s four years since I was in L&D and four years on he is still capable of making me scream.  At least 70% of the time though he is cute enough to make me forget the other 30%:)  We had a lovely family dinner at one of our favorite diners where he devoured his body weight in milkshake and chocolate cake.  He then sugar rushed his way through the noisiest set of gifts yet – a monster truck that plays music and does wheelies and a fabulous robot that shuffles around blasting things.  It has to be said he is a very happy four year old.

To be honest today has been one of those shitty days that rarely comes along, thankfully.  One of those days that I pretend has been sent to test me and make me stronger but has actually just made me feel a bit weepy.  It started with a shouting match at work and has ended with crying children at home. I’m obviously now having my first glass of wine for 4 days, which needless to say will probably do nothing to make me feel better.  Hey ho tomorrow’s another day.

I should mention that before I got into the office it was going pretty well – I did my first Jillian Michaels’ workout DVD.  It was suggested after I was looking for some ‘rock hard abs’ on the Boden Facebook page.  After reading all the rave reviews I thought it might be worth a try so off I trekked to Sports Authority to get my hand weights.  After level 1 of the 30 Day Shred I didn’t so much feel shredded as a complete lightweight.  I have no upper body strength and can’t for the life of me do push ups.  I’m also convinced my abs don’t respond when I try and do crunches.  I am, however, determined to continue with it for 30 days to either a) reap the incredible benefits that it promises or b) prove my theory correct that all fitness DVDs are a massive waste of time.

Even my clothing choice today promised a brighter outlook for today.  I love the Boden Must Have Jumper and this is the first outing for the quail egg version worn over 2011’s essential scoopneck tee, with my bargain slate straightleg wool crops bought in the clearance.

Must have jumper

I’m very happy with my nails right now – I used Essie’s Smokin’ Hot and the color is really flattering – a gorgeous grey with purple tones that will look great all year round.

Smokin' Hot

5 thoughts on “Shredded.

  1. sharon

    So sorry today was rough – here’s hoping tomorrow is way better! I am on week 2 of the shred, and it is definitely a kick-butt workout for me. I did it last summer too and saw amazing results. I also love JM’s ripped in 30 and plan on doing that one once my 30 days are up. The plan is to have abs again by the end of April when I hit 40:-)

    Reply
  2. School Gate Scarf

    You look lovely today – trousers are such a bargain! Sorry to hear about the bad bits of your day though…but it’s so comforting to know that other mums have bad days too. Sometimes we all try so hard to make it look like everything’s perfect. Hope today is lots better and keep up the good work-out work x

    Reply
  3. dinagideon

    I feel your pain, everything from recovering from crazy toddler birthday shindigs to having just awful awful days. Yuck. And you know what makes it harder? Folks need you to be the strong one, put on a brave face and all. Blegh.

    You do look beyond cute, though, LOVE the quail egg jumper…so beautiful and a definite mood lifter!

    Reply
  4. Sara

    Love this jumper – I have it in 3 different colours!
    Great tip about the nail varnish – I have just ordered myself it!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s