So I paid a visit to see Charlie yesterday at the AllSaints concession in Bloomingdale’s here in Atlanta. The lovely Charlie went above and beyond the call of duty to help and advise me. I tried on everything I could in the limited time available. Rubbish me didn’t get any photos – I just didn’t think sorry! I was too busy chatting with Charlie about the brand, and admiring the new, improved layout of the store and the fabulous new collection.
I can report back on the following items though:
1. The Sago jumper dress is gorgeous – sexy, drapey and SO flattering with leggings or jeans. I’m waiting for the black to come in and then it will be mine – make sure you size down.
2. The Riviera dress – now in jersey it just didn’t work – the slits are so high at the thigh and the jersey falls so that ALL my thigh was on show. Now my legs ain’t bad but showing them up to my hoo-ha at my age just ain’t decent. The Riviera in the silk peony print, however, was DIVINE! The silk means it falls a little more conservatively at the front. Yes there are still splits at each side – but I felt sexy in this, not mutton. I am sorely tempted by the peony print but I’m not really a navy girl so will be waiting for the mono print. I have VERY high hopes for this dress.
3. The Camille jersey dress – hmmm I sized down and it still felt a bit blah – just too shapeless I’m afraid.
4. The Venice tee dress – I bought this! In Charcoal, and wait for it – in a size UK 4!!!! No way am I a 4 (US 0) but I’ll take it! (Lovely Charlie massaged my ego telling me how much weight I’d lost – no wonder his sales numbers are up!).
5. The Ggt Daiaki dress – I really loved the silhouette of this dress – and it would look so cool, edgy and sophisticated with leggings. Unfortunately my boobs meant that the buttons gaped – it would have been mine were it not for that – sizing up would have made it too sack like:(
6. The Peony sleeveless crew neck – on the hanger this looked perfect – on me it looked dreadful. AllSaints here is a plea to you – stop making your armholes SO big – I don’t want to show my bra never mind the roll of flab that sits above it – smaller arm holes would be far more flattering and protect others from viewing far too much, thank you.
As I walked out of Bloomingdale’s I was delighted to see a new Ted Baker concession. My sister loves Ted Baker and we often have a look when we’re at the Trafford Center. Since my visit yesterday I have been thinking longingly about this beauty – the Rainbow Viewpoint dress. Loud yes, but it reminds me so much of London I might just have to have it.
Without wanting to sound completely self righteous, I had the most amazing run on the treadmill this morning so I was still high as a kite when I took my photos today…I’m wearing the AllSaints Godiva sweater, from the sale last year, layered over an H&M tank dress, with the Zara snake print trousers and my Acne Pistols.