Two years ago today I wrote my first blog post. I’ve evolved from a Boden wearing Mom to a Mom with piercings and a passion for fashion (who still loves Boden too!). I have so much fun blogging and I want you all to know more about me, though you may not be interested 😉
Here are my 25 things:
1. I miss the UK everyday, but if I returned, after 15 years in Atlanta, I would miss here just as much.
2. I have a BSc. and PhD in Biochemistry and and MBA – I’m a nerd.
3. I have a constant battle with gaining weight and have tried every diet going – oddly the only thing that works is what I’m doing now – eating less and exercising.
4. I went to an all girls school and hated most of it. All my best friends were guys.
5. I used to hate tattoos but after getting my piercings last year – I now REALLY want one. Mid-life crisis?
6. I am happier now than I have ever been mainly because I have stopped worrying what people think. My friends are all people who love me for who I am, warts and all, and I cherish them.
7. I wear my heart on my sleeve – I have no secrets – I’m a typical Leo.
8. I met my Husband at University when I was just 19, we moved in together after 3 months, and thankfully we grew up together and made it through all the ups and downs. He is my best friend.
9. I wish I had been a Doctor.
10. I hated working in the corporate world – I don’t like to have a boss, I don’t like rules, office attire and behaving ‘appropriately’. I think it’s all smoke and mirrors.
11. I curse like a sailor. I love a good swear word.
12. I am a liberal or put another way I believe in human rights like gay marriage, equality and personal choice.
13. I consider my blogging friends some of my best friends. We talk online everyday. I would never have made it to 2 years without their friendship. They truly accept me for who I am and provide constructive criticism, support and guidance. They make me laugh out loud in front of my computer screen. I love them all more than they know.
14. I miss steak and kidney pudding, fish and chips, curry, Grazia magazine, Tesco Metro, Marks and Spencer, BBC t.v., syrup sponge pudding and Hello magazine.
15. I like spending time on my own. As loud and outgoing as I am, I can also be very introverted.
16. I wish smoking wasn’t deadly – I’d love to still have a cigarette with a glass of wine.
17. My Nana would have been 104 today. She lived with us all her life, the kitchen was her domain – so much so that I never learned to cook or how to use the washing machine until I left home! She was born in Sheffield and widowed when my Mum was just 3. I wish I had asked her more while she was alive.
18. I have a sister (39) and a brother (30) – we are all totally different but love, respect and understand each other. I love spending time with them when I visit the UK.
19. My Mum and Dad have always allowed me to make my own decisions – good and bad – and have supported me always. As much as I confuse them, I know how much they love me and I love them dearly.
20. I have lived in Bury, St. Andrews, London, Lisbon and Atlanta. I want to add more places to that list.
21. I want to learn to ski and scuba dive.
22. I grew up in tiny village called Hawkshaw. At one point there were 6 of us living in a 2 up 2 down terraced house.
23. My first job was as an IT consultant – I can program and LOVE logic.
24. I now work part time for my Husband. I love my job and feel incredibly fortunate that I can work and that I have time for my children.
25. I appreciate and love my readers so much. I am truly thankful to you for reading and love your feedback – thanks for your support. I plan to keep doing this for as long as you all keep reading.