My first attempt at HACing!

So following on from my post yesterday where I rashly promised photos of my attempts to Highlight and Contour, here’s my first attempt documented with the good, the bad and the down right ugly!

1. The tools of the trade

DSC_0848

2. Straight out of the shower – pimples and dark circles included!

DSC_0863

3. Moisturised and then applied L’Oreal BB cream, eyes done using L’Oreal Infallible liner with a smudging brush, MAC Brun powder used for brows, and L’Oreal Volumising mascara.

DSC_0867

4. Blush applied on my cheek ‘apples’ using my finger tips and some contouring done with the bronzer – but NOT blended yet – you can see my right cheek looks a little orangey still.

DSC_0875

5. Blended bronzing powder and then Maybelline highlighter applied around the eyes and down the nose using a concealer brush.  Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in Pinkissimo applied.

DSC_0887

6. Hair dried with a round brush and the ghd dryer and voila!

DSC_0889

The verdict – well I certainly need some practice – especially in the application and blending of the contour/bronzer powder – but I love how it has shaded around my nose and eye sockets.  It feels lighter than using foundation, but takes a little more time and patience.  Have you tried it yet?  Let me know how you get on!

And now…with full face of makeup applied we’re off to another swim meet!  Happy days:)

Boden Westbourne jumper

Sneakers – Golden Goose // Jeans – H&M boyfriend jeans // Jumper – Boden Westbourne sweater // Scarf – H&M (old)

Find these products:

Enhanced by Zemanta

17 thoughts on “My first attempt at HACing!

1. Andrea

Thats a fab first attempt & I really need to get my butt into gear & give it a go! Like most things practise makes perfect & pretty soon it just becomes part of your normal routine! You look so fresh & natural! I love your scarf too! Gorgeous colour & pattern on you! Ax

1. Poppy's Style Post author

It’s fun trying out new products and it’s funny it has completely distracted me from clothes! A great way to curb spending – at least a lipstick is less than a new dress and yet I still feel like I have something new to try:) xx

2. Sharon K

How did I miss that scarf? It’s fab Joanna – looks great on you and I love the photos showing the step by step. You are always so open and honest in your blog – inspirational. Thank you lovely lady – I enjoy your blog every day. Keep up the good work! x

3. mymidlifefashion

Great post Joanna & I love the step by step piccies. Your Golden Goose are just stunning & I’m loving the scarf, I must drag my pink one back out as I’d packed it away for next summer xx

1. Poppy's Style Post author

You know the scarf was one of those one off things – it was hanging alone in H&M last year so I rescued it and now it has turned into a favorite for brightening up an outfit xx

4. ambernectarine

You look gorgeous! I’m so jealous of your eyes. And you better hope I never meet you or I may just nick those Golden Geese off your feet – you’re a 39, right? 😉

1. Poppy's Style Post author

My eyes! Gosh that’s funny to me as I have one much bigger than the other – I always look squint if I’m not careful! The shoes are glued to my feet – sorry;) xx

5. Sue

Love the step by step – it’s really interesting to see how the layers are built up. But you know what makes the difference? The smile.

1. Poppy's Style Post author

That’s what my Husband always says too – amazing what a smile can do even if the crows feet get emphasized:)

6. jaclynschoknecht

Gorgeous…but then I think you looked pretty damn good pre-HACing! I do need to try it myself. I was just mentioning to my hubby that my makeup routine really hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years. That’s got to be a bad sign!

1. Poppy's Style Post author

It’s just fun to try some new products too – especially now it is cooler here and make up doesn’t just melt off your face:)xx

1. Poppy's Style Post author

She’s doing some posts now for different shaped faces – still not sure what shape mine really is though – round I think? I am loving experimenting with new brushes – it makes getting ready in the morning more fun!

1. Poppy's Style Post author

Oh gosh – it’s so dry right now and very prone to break outs still – I thought they were supposed to move on when you left your teens!?

7. Pingback: Jeans and Jumpers. | Poppy's Style