So following on from my post yesterday where I rashly promised photos of my attempts to Highlight and Contour, here’s my first attempt documented with the good, the bad and the down right ugly!
1. The tools of the trade
2. Straight out of the shower – pimples and dark circles included!
3. Moisturised and then applied L’Oreal BB cream, eyes done using L’Oreal Infallible liner with a smudging brush, MAC Brun powder used for brows, and L’Oreal Volumising mascara.
4. Blush applied on my cheek ‘apples’ using my finger tips and some contouring done with the bronzer – but NOT blended yet – you can see my right cheek looks a little orangey still.
5. Blended bronzing powder and then Maybelline highlighter applied around the eyes and down the nose using a concealer brush. Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in Pinkissimo applied.
6. Hair dried with a round brush and the ghd dryer and voila!
The verdict – well I certainly need some practice – especially in the application and blending of the contour/bronzer powder – but I love how it has shaded around my nose and eye sockets. It feels lighter than using foundation, but takes a little more time and patience. Have you tried it yet? Let me know how you get on!
And now…with full face of makeup applied we’re off to another swim meet! Happy days:)
Sneakers – Golden Goose // Jeans – H&M boyfriend jeans // Jumper – Boden Westbourne sweater // Scarf – H&M (old)
Find these products: